Saturday 14 February 2009

Festival! Un-yipee and very much un-hurrah.

Tunbridge Wells Dance Festival starts tomorrow and while this, for the overwhelming majority of people is rightly insignificant, for me it's a week of fear and loathing. I have about 15 dances entered with children aged from about 6 to 15 years old, I've choreographed the dances, rehearsed them, designed and made the costumes, found and cut the music, made props, stuck sequins to tutus and agreed to do face painting and hair styling for a fair number of the competitors and still the parents are moaning to my boss that I haven't done enough for their daughter. I appreciate that we all think our child is the most talented, beautiful and wonderful since the dawn of creation but having worked seven days a week since October I'm on the verge of telling some of the Mothers exactly where they can stick their...well, you get my drift. I've been working so diligently on their kids that my OWN 6 year old doesn't yet have a costume for her performance on Tuesday. And I'm going to have to be VERY creative to think of a Valentines present for my long suffering and extremely patient husband.

On the upside I've discovered a few skills I didn't know I had (including making flat pack furniture with instructions in Polish. God bless Lidl.) I might post a great many pictures the week after next

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire your tenacity, I'd have burst into tears and told them all to stick it by now!

Hope it all goes to plan :)

Hannah said...

Sounds like you're in for a busy time! Good luck with it all, I hope you're gonna treat yourself to some days off when its all done. xx